I have tried many chocolate chip cookies and they often turned out soft in the middle, or “don’t taste like normal cookie” (as quoted from some colleague who tried😔. I’m glad I finally found one which turns out crunchy, even after days, when stored in airtight container of course.
This is the best chocolate chip cookie I ever baked. Serious. Thanks to Weng who shared it. Enjoy!
340g self rising flour
110g caster sugar (refined)
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Cream butter and sugar till creamy and fluffy.
2. Add in egg and vanilla essence, mix we’ll
3. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, and chocolate chips
4. Bake in preheated oven 180C for 20min.
– most cookie recipes were too sweet for common taste buds. Hence I cut down to 110g from 175g. Reviews were great. People find the sweetness not too overwhelming. Just nice! 🙂
– feared that it might be too sweet, dare not add too many chocolate chips. Instead of Hershey semi sweet mini chocolate chips, I used the “Safeway” brand, mini dark chocolate chips from Phoon Huat.
– although most people cant tell its chocolate chip cookie, they still like it anyway. They thought those were nuts. Success.
– I purposely used butter which is not too soft, hoping to achieve a crunchier cookie
– work quick and avoid over mixing otherwise a tough instead of crunchy cookie will result
– no self rising flour. In a measuring cup, add 1 1/2tsp baking powder + 1/2 tsp salt & fill up the cup with plain flour = self rising flour.
– used double action baking powder hence I reduced amount of baking powder required, assuming regular baking powder was called for in the recipe
– next time, add more chocolate chips. 🙂