This recipe is adapted from Tone It Up. Took no pictures as I was running out of time for work.
Used in combination with my new Thermos waterbottle, my new toy. 🙂
1 cup of HL low fat milk
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 scoop whey protein powder, chocolate flavoured.
2 tsp flaxseed
Blend all ingredients together.
– 1/2 scoop instead of 1 scoop because one scoop is 120 calories..
– texture was kind of thin, I wonder is it partially because of the reduced protein powder content.
– For thicker smoothie, maybe substitute half the milk with yoghurt.
– flaxseed clumped together without mixing, and caused a mudslide on my white tank top this morning, as I thought I finished the drink and was trying to eat the flaxseeds.
– flaxseeds thickens the smoothie.
– not very filling, maybe because I drank it in small portions.