Easy to make and delicious Vanilla Almond Granola! It is surprisingly easy to make. What took me so long to try?!
Whisk together coconut oil and syrup until well combined.
Make sure the oats are evenly coat.
Spread it evenly on the pan before baking. Stir to ensure the granola is baked evenly, every 15 mins.
Vanilla Almond Granola
2½ cup or 200g rolled oats
¾ cup silvered almonds
½ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup maple syrup (substituted with golden syrup)
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ tsp almond extract (omitted)
1 tbsp vanilla extract (yes, 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 300oF or 150oC. Line baking pan with baking paper.
- Toss oats, almonds, cinnamon, salt together. Set aside.
- Whisk syrup, coconut oil till combined.
- Whisk in almond extract and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over oats mixture and toss to coat evenly, making sure all oats are moistened.
- Spread it on the baking sheet, and bake for 45min, stirring every 15min.
- Allow granola to cool completely so that it will be crunchy.
- Keep in airtight container for up to 3 weeks, at room temperature.
- It is a scale down from the original recipe, and it fits my baking pan just nice. So it depends on the size of your own baking pan.
- I used a combination of sliced almonds and diced almonds because that’s what I have on hand. I find that sliced almonds are good as it is thin and crunchy after baking, giving the finished product more “dimension”.
- I omitted almond extract as I finished it. The granola was still good.
- Substituted maple syrup with golden syrup. Yea.. I am making it more unhealthy so called. But I think that both are sugars, and downing too much maple syrup is equivalent to overdose of sugar too. Besides, it was practical for me because I could not think of a better way to finish up my golden syrup. End product was good, maybe better because golden syrup is thicker and sweeter compared to maple syrup. Just eat in moderation. J
- Stirring every 15 min is absolutely important, especially that I used almond flakes, which are thin. Some almond flakes were still burnt.
- It is absolutely delicious and easy to make.